We may revise this policy from time to time whenever necessary, so check this website regularly to stay informed of any updates. If we make material changes to this policy, we will publish a notice on the home page of this website.
Your continued use of our websites, placement of an order over the phone or in store, or the provision of personal information to us after this policy has been revised constitutes your acceptance of the revised policy.
How we collect your personal information
We collect most personal information directly from you. For example, your personal information will be collected when you place an order online, over the phone or when you visit us in person.
When placing an order with Danoz Direct we collect information deemed necessary for processing the order you have requested. The type of information we collect from you and hold may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone and mobile number and credit card details.
How we use your personal information
We use your information for the purpose for which it was provided to us. Such purposes include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Processing any orders you place with us;
- Providing you with the assistance, products and/or services you have requested;
- Verify your identity;
- Processing any job application you may submit;
- Providing you with an email confirmation of your order;
- Determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites;
- Keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as goods and/or services;
- Sending you offers or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you (if you have consented to receiving such);
- Unsubscribing your details from our databases;
- Used to assist in the delivery of your order to your door and verify your credit card payment;
- Responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
- Administer and manage services, including charging, billing and collecting declined payments
- Conduct appropriate checks for fraud;
- Any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information;
Also, your personal information is collected so that we, our related bodies and our dealers can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email and SMS). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us, our related bodies or our dealers to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please email [email protected]
Credit card details
Danoz Direct does not store credit card details anywhere on our database. If a customer opts to process the payment of a product in a single amount their credit card details are destroyed as soon as the payment has been processed. If however a customer chooses to pay in instalments the company uses a token number provided by PayCorp which is linked to the customer’s bank account for future payments to be processed.
The credit card details we hold are: the name on the card, expiry date and the masked version of the code (i.e. first 4 digits and last 4 digits).
What about sensitive information?
We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless it is necessary to provide you with a product or service and we have your consent or, unless we are legally required to collect, use or disclose that information.
Sensitive information, as defined by law, is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information.
Obtaining your consent
Personal information is usually used or disclosed only after obtaining your consent. Your consent can be express or implied.
Your express consent can be verbal or written. For example, our call centre agents may ask you for an email address when placing an order. By providing us with your email address, you are giving your express consent to receiving a confirmation email and any marketing material about future offers.
You imply consent when we can reasonably conclude that you have given consent by some action you take, or when you decide not to take action. For example, if you use our telephone service to place an order and continue the call after hearing the recorded message telling you that the call may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance purposes, you have given us your implied consent to monitor or record your call.
If you do not wish for the call to be recorded when dealing with us simply let the call centre agent know and s/he will take your number down and call back from a computer that is not connected to the recording server.
If you do not consent to certain uses of personal information by Danoz Direct, we may not be able to deal with you, or provide you with a particular product or service.
The circumstances where we may use or disclose your personal information without your consent are very limited. They include where we are required by law, for the investigation of an offence or for court proceedings.
Disclosing to third parties
Subject to any general duties of confidentiality towards our customers and subject to the Privacy Act, Danoz Direct may need to disclose your personal information to:
- Our head office in Canada, Thane International. Our contract with Canada generally includes an obligation for them to comply with Australian privacy law and this policy. However you acknowledge that, by agreeing to the disclosure of your information to these entities outside of Australia, we will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the overseas recipient’s compliance with the Australian privacy law in relation to your Information and we will not be liable to you for any breach of the Australian privacy law by these overseas recipients and, on this basis, you consent to such disclosure;
- Debt collecting agencies;
- An organisation that is in an arrangement or alliance with it for the purpose of promoting or using their respective products and services;
- Entities which you have expressly allowed us to disclose your Information to;
- If you place an order via our website, mobile site or app, your details will be passed on to our credit card processor who will receive your credit card details for such orders. Presently PayCorp provide this service and PayCorp is a secure internet payment gateway that secures your credit card number during transmission;
- Regulatory bodies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- Other parties it is authorised or required by law to disclose information to;
- Your authorised representative
Marketing and privacy
Serving customers well is fundamental to our business. As part of this service we may use personal information we have collect to identify a product or service that may benefit you. We may contact you from time to time to let you know about new or existing products.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from Danoz Direct or any of our third parties there are two options available for you, either:
- Click on the hyperlink in the email to unsubscribe from future marketing material
- You can also contact us on 1300 135 085 and request for your details to be removed from the marketing list. The supervisor on duty will manually remove your contact details from the system, within 48 hours.
We keep your personal information up-to-date
If we have accurate information about you, it enables us to provide you with the best possible service.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collecting, using or disclosing the information.
We will correct personal information
If you learn that current personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, you should contact us and one of our representatives will update your personal information.
We will promptly update any personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. Once a change has been made on TBMS the name of the agent, date and time the change was made is stored on the system.
We store your personal information securely
We protect any personal information that we hold about you from misuse and loss. We also protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We protect your information
Your personal information can only be accessed by people who are authorised to have access.
Your personal information may be stored in hardcopy documents or electronically on our internal database (TBMS). In order to control access we also maintain computer and network security: for example, we use firewalls (security measures for the Internet) and other security measures such as individual logins and unique passwords to control access to computer systems.
Our partner company in Canada, Thane, also has access to our customer database. This information is stored on a secure data centre where access is controlled by the IT team according to the different levels of management.
Access to personal information
You should contact us if you wish to find out about the personal information Danoz Direct holds about you. This can be done by:
- Contacting our Customer Care Team on 0800 400 104 (10am-8pm NZST weekdays)
- Emailing the business ([email protected].nz)
We will need to verify your identity before giving you access and we will normally be able to deal with your request immediately. If the request is complex, we ask that you give us 30 days to deal with such a request.
In general, customers will have access to all their personal information except for the call recording captured at point of sale. Customers who are specifically after the call recording will instead be provided with a written transcript of the phone call.
Gaining access to personal information is free of charge to our customers.
In a limited number of circumstances, we may not be able to tell you what personal information is held about you including where:
- It will threaten the privacy of others
- The information relates to anticipated legal proceedings
If we are unable to tell you what personal information is being held about you, we will give you the reasons why and attempt to find alternative means to enable you to access your information.
Website security and privacy
Danoz Direct continually maintains and monitors its online security systems to ensure your personal information is appropriately protected. Our online website, www.danozdirect.com.au, is currently encrypted with 256-bit encryption and the connection is encrypted using AES_256_CBC, with SHA1 for message authentication and DHE_RSA as the key exchange mechanism.
Each time you visit the our websites our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server’s IP address.
Danoz Direct may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the websites is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. Danoz Direct may use this information to evaluate and improve the Danoz Direct website.
Resolving your concerns
You are entitled to complain if you believe that your privacy has been compromised. We will respond to a complaint as soon as possible to let you know who is responsible for managing your complaint.
How to make a complaint
- Contacting the Sales & Service Manager by emailing [email protected]
- Calling our Customer Care team on 0800 400 104 (10am-8pm NZST weekdays)