Use STEAM to SUPER CLEAN!The H2O MOP® ULTRA is designed to thoroughly clean floor surfaces, such as marble, ceramic, stone, linoleum, sealed hardwood floor and parquet. The H2O MOP® ULTRA deodorizes sanitizes and increases cleaning power by converting water to steam. It also uses a microfibre floor cloth to enhance absorbency. When contact is made with floor surfaces, dirt and grime can be eliminated in a matter of seconds.
Get 3 in 1 !Just detach the steam generator from the H20 base and the unit becomes a powerful hand-held steamer. Cut through baked on oven mess, sanitize kid's toys, blast away dirt in grout even steam clean blinds!
Attach the Carpet Glider and it converts into a carpet steamer! The dirt stops here!
Q): What are the recommended uses for the H20 Mop Ultra?
a) The H2O Mop Ultra® is designed to thoroughly clean floor surfaces, such as marble, ceramic, stone, linoleum, sealed hardwood floor and parquet.
*Always check the use and care instructions of your flooring manufacturer before using the H2O Mop Ultra. Do not use on any unsealed flooring. Use of steam on an unsealed wood floor can cause warping or other damage to the finish on floors. Always test the mop on an isolated area of your flooring prior to overall use on any floor surface.
Q): What type of water do I use?
a) H20 Mop Ultra uses tap water. Residents in areas with hard water should use distilled water for better performance.
Q): Can I use cleaning solutions or other chemicals?
a) Never put cleaning detergents into the H2O Mop Ultra. This will make the operation unsafe and damage the unit.
Q): My H2O Mop Ultra stopped producing steam/is producing very little steam.
a): A. The water level could be low. Switch the steam cleaner off and refill.
- Water Filter may be blocked. Check the water filter. If it is getting puce, replace with a new water filter.
- Light indicator is red, turn unit on and wait for light indicator to turn green before use.
- If the steam mop begins to produce steam more slowly than usual or stops producing steam you may need to remove limescale from your steamer. Your H2O Mop Ultra requires removal of limescale, regularly, to prevent build-up. The frequency depends upon the hardness of your tap water and how often you use the steamer.The instructions for removing limescale is as follows:
- Prepare a solution of 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 cold water and add to the water tank.
- Replace the water tank.
- Remove the mop head from the steamer.
- Plug into electrical outlet and turn on the H2O Mop Ultra.
- Once the indicator light turns green; operate the steam mop continuously until the limescale removing solution has steamed through. It should take 10-15 minutes to completely empty the water tank.
- Do not leave the steamer unattended during the limescale removal process/while in use.
- Do not let the water tank boil dry.
- Repeat the above procedure as many times as necessary until the normal steam rate returns. With each repeated cycle, use a fresh solution of vinegar and water.
- Remove the water tank and rinse out.
- Run half a tank of fresh, cold water through the unit at the completion of limescale removal.
- Turn the steamer off and unplug from the electrical outlet.
Q): Can I use the H2O Mop Ultra on my carpet?
a): Yes, the H2O Mop Ultra can be used on your carpet. Only use the carpet glider on carpeting & rusgs. Use of the carpet glider on other floor surfaces will cause streaking and possible scratching of the surface. When using the H2O Mop Ultra on carpet surfaces; Please the mop head (with microfiber or disposable pad in place) on top of the carpet glider. Do not attempt to use the H2O Mop Ultra on carpet/rug surfaces without the carpet glider in place. Never use the carpet glider on surfaces that are prone to scratching. Take note: this product emits steam and will create moisture. If left operating too long in one place it can create water marks.
Q): My mop is leaving puddles of water.
a): The microfiber pad must be clean and dry for use. Apply new micro fiber or disposable pad and continue use. (If using a Disposable Pad: Let pad cool, remove from unit, replace with new pad and continue use. If using a Micro-Fiber Pad: Let pad cool, remove pad from unit, rinse thoroughly, ring water out of pad, replace pad to unit and continue mopping.)
(Important: After plugging in the H2O Mop Ultra, wait for red light to turn green prior to pressing the steam trigger. If the trigger is pressed prior to ready light indicator turning green, water from previous use will not be heated and will be forced out by present steam and will cause puddling to occur.)
Q): My H2O Mop Ultra is leaking water.
a): Water level is too high. Turn unit off, allow water to cool, remove water tank and adjust water level no higher than the “max” level of the water tank.
Q): The disposable pads on my H2O Mop Ultra are tearing.
a): pads are designed for single use. Over use of disposable pads may cause them to tear and damage flooring.
Q): Do I need to empty the water tank after use?
a): Yes, to insure continued operation of the steamer, never store without cleaning and removing all excess water from the water tank. Note: Water quality will vary in different areas.
Q): Does my H2O Mop Ultra come with a warranty?
a): Yes, your H2O Mop Ultra is warranted, to the original owner, for 1 Year from date of purchase against defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service.
Q): I’m having trouble getting the disposable pads onto the mop head.
a): The disposable pads are designed to fit tight to the mop head so it stays in place during use and is designed for one time use only. For proper use, follow these instructions: Locate the label on the Disposable Pad. Attach the Pad to the Mop Head, the label on the front of the pad should go on the front of the Mop Head. Dispose of the Pad after use.
Q): I’m having trouble getting the Microfiber Cloth to stay on my unit.
a): If using the Microfiber Cloth attach the Microfiber Cloth to the Mop Head. Wrap the drawstring around the Mop Head and tighten it up.
Q): How do I use the H2O Mop on carpet surfaces?
a): When using the H2O Mop®™ on carpet surfaces; place the mop head (with microfiber or disposable pad in place) on top of the carpet glider. Do not attempt to use the H2O Mop Ultra on carpet/rug surfaces without the carpet glider in place. Never use the carpet glider on surfaces that are prone to scratching. Only use carpet glider on carpeting & rugs. Use of the carpet glider on other floor surfaces will cause streaking and possible scratching of the surface. When using the H2O Mop on carpet surfaces;. Never use the carpet glider on surfaces that are prone to scratching. Take note: this product emits steam and will create moisture.
Q): How do I wash the microfiber pads?
a):Microfiber cloth care:
• Machine wash 60 ºC (140 ºF)
• Do not bleach
• Do not use softener
• Do not tumble dry
Q): My mop is not producing steam and I’ve tried vinegar and water.
a): If your H2O Mop Ultra begins to produce steam more slowly than usual or stops producing steam you may need to remove lime scale. Lime scale can develop over time on the metal parts and greatly affect the mop's performance. We recommend removing lime scale on a regular basis especially in areas with hard water. The frequency of lime scale removal depends upon the hardness of your tap water and how often you use the steam mop.
To remove lime scale from the H2O Mop Ultra you can either prepare a solution of 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 tap water and ad to the water tank (see lime scale removal instructions for further detail found in the instruction manual) or you can follow these procedures:
1. Make sure that the H2O Mop Ultra is disconnected from the power supply before maintenance.
2. Use any suitable metal pin (i.e. knitting needle) to remove scale deposits from the inside of the steam outlet. By moving the pin further inside the steam outlet then swirling and pushing the pin up and down you will clean the inside of the boiler. Make sure that removed scale debris get out of the boiler and steam outlet. WARNING: BE SURE THE UNIT IS DISCONNECTED FROM THE POWER OUTLET WHEN PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Note: After each lime scale removal we recommend performing a test cleaning on a suitable isolated area to ensure that there is no debris left in the system.
Q): My unit will not power on.
a): Make sure the unit is plugged into a proper outlet.
Q): Steam Escapes from Connections.
a): You may be experiencing one of the following:
1). Attachment is not connected properly, Turn the unit OFF, allow it to cool down, disconnect the accessories and reattach them.
2). Debris or obstructions at the connection points. Remove the accessory and check and clean connection points.
Q): Water is dripping from the extension hose attachment (optional item).
a): There is condensation inside the hose. Hold the hose vertically and allow any water to drain out.
Q): The cleaning cloth becomes wet.
a): The cloth gets saturated with water. Remove wet cloth and replace with a dry cleaning cloth or allow cloth to cool, then wring out and reattach.
Q): How often do I change the filter?
a): Your filter must be changed every 3 – 6 months to help avoid mineral residue buildup. Mineral residue can cause an excessive buildup of pressure inside the H2O Mop Ultra unit causing the unit to become very hot and cease functioning.